On March 12 2014 the Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood Plan is going before council. The plan sets broad policy goals for this complex and fascinating community that spans from the heritage communities of Gastown, Victory Square, Chinatown and Japantown, to the industrial spaces of Clark Dr and shady streets of Strathcona and Kiwassa, for the next 30 years.
Now is the time to read the draft plan and share your thoughts!
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Register to speak at Council on March 12; write an email to email@example.com
- Attend the VPSN’s DTES plan review session at 7pm, March 4 2014.
For details of this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At this informal session we propose to discuss the impacts of the plan on public spaces in the DTES. Following this session we will draft a brief position statement and provide speaking points to any that may be interested in standing up on March 12 on behalf of public spaces in the DTES.
Please come prepared to discuss the public space aspects of the plan. Note this is not an ‘official’ city consultation event. If you cannot make this event we welcome your comments for inclusion in our work by email.
- City of Vancouver Official DTES local area plan (2014)
- DTES Local Area Area Profile (2013)
- A short history of the DTES (2005)
- Carnegie Community Action Project (summary position)
- Strathcona Business Improvement Association (summary position)